Forums

Chrome doesn't work with selenium

i'm having this error whenever i run selenim with Chrome: WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist) (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac),platform=Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64)

We have a new, experimental way of sandboxing users that should allow you to use a more recent version of Chrome. Let us know if you'd like us to enable it for your account.

yes i would like to , thanks

Ok. I have enabled it for your account.

Hi, I have the same issue: selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist) (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac),platform=Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64) Can you help me please?

Ah- okay, I have turned on that virtualization for you. You will have to restart your console/webapps etc for the change to take effect.

Hello, I have the same error. selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally   (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)   (The process started from chrome location / usr / bin / chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)   (Driver info: chromedriver = 2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac), platform = Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64) What is the reason for this?

Our system does not support Chrome by default, it's something that we have to switch on for you. I've done that now, and as a next step, you'll need to upgrade Selenium for your account -- for example, if you're using Python 3.7, run this in Bash:

pip3.7 install --user --upgrade selenium

...and then you can run Selenium with Chrome using code like this:

chrome_options = webdriver.ChromeOptions()
chrome_options.add_argument("--headless")
chrome_options.add_argument("--disable-gpu")
browser = webdriver.Chrome(options=chrome_options)

try:
    browser.get("https://www.google.com")
    print("Page title was '{}'".format(browser.title))

finally:
    browser.quit()

hi, can you enable chrome for free versions for testing? thank you

I believe I've got a similar problem....

Here's my error: (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac),platform=Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64)

I'm a new user, and intend to use Selenium and ChromeDriver. Based on the above, can you do the same for my account. Thanks, ds4573

No problem @zaheer, @outsidedog and @ds4573, I have enabled it for your account.

Hi am new as well can someone teach me how to install?

Could you give more details about what you're trying to do, and what problems you're having?

please enable chrome for me. thank you I have the following error while running my application WebDriverException at /new_search Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist) (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)

OK -- I've switched that on, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

i followed previous post steps but still showing the same error. (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist) (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)

Sorry, it looks like the setting was not actually applied. I have applied it now so it should work. Bear in mind, that if you're running the code in a console, you will need to start a new console for it to be applied and if you're running it in a web app, you will need to reload the web app.

I'm a new user, and intend to use Selenium and ChromeDriver. Based on the above, can you do the same for my account. Thanks, ifmeonline

OK -- I've switched that on, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

@giles

Hi, can you help me switch to the most recent system? I would like to use Selenium + ChromeDriver too. Thank you.

I'm a new user, and intend to use Selenium and ChromeDriver. Please activate me this

@theansweryang, @darerror Sure, I've switched that on for both of you, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

so. i have done this work (previous steps), but i still have unknown error: Chrome failed to start: crashed (unknown error: unable to discover open pages) (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac),platform=Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64)

Now i have: Message: session not created from tab crashed

Are you getting emails about processes in your account running of of memory and crashing?

can we use Selenium and ChromeDriver with free acount? If it is possible, please activate me this, else please tell me which paid account I should get.

It is possible, but keep in mind that with a free account, you can only access a whitelist of external sites that are public apis. So it may not work for your use case. If you still want to do that let us know and we will set you up.

Hello, you can also turn on the ChromeDriver for me.

Hello, I have the same error. selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist) (The process started from chrome location / usr / bin / chromium-browser is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Driver info: chromedriver = 2.42.591071 (0b695ff80972cc1a65a5cd643186d2ae582cd4ac), platform = Linux 4.4.0-1100-aws x86_64) , can you enable the new version for me please?

Ok, @Shrik558 and @MutFild, I have enabled it for your accounts.

Hello, could you please turn on this thing for me? Thanks.

Ok. I have enabled it for your account.

browser = webdriver.Chrome(options=chrome_options) TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument 'options'

OK -- I've switched on the new virtualization system for you, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

Hi, I was wondering if you could enable this feature for me as well. I'm having the same issues here.

Sure, I've turned that on for you.

Can I please have this turned on for me as well? I'm currently a free user, and testing Selenium + Chrome with the whitelist websites for now. Will move over to a paid account once I can verify that my code works.

Sure, we've turned that on for you.

Could you please turn the new virtualization on for me as well? so I can be able to run Chrome driver headless. Thank you very much

Sure! I've switched on the new virtualization system for you, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

I tried yesterday, either home or here, is Selenium have a problem???? Is there a tutorial?? Is my security blocking me??? how to check that???

Sure! I've switched on the new virtualization system for you, so if you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

Wow! You guys have a lightning fast support, I'm super positively impressed! Thanks a lot

@Tsurubaso -- what problems are you seeing? The feature is switched on for your account, so as long as you've upgraded Selenium (see this post) it should all work fine.

@yall -- no problem! Glad to help.

Could you please turn the new virtualization on for me as well? so I can be able to run Chrome driver headless. Thank you very much

Your account is still on an old system image. To make it work we would have to update your system image, too. Switching to a new system image may break your code that was working on your old image. You will also need to rebuild any virtual environments you have created.

Ok sir, I have backed up my all resources it's ready to update. You can take action.

No problem. That's done. New consoles will use the new system and your web app will use it once it has been reloaded.

Hi!, please turn on the ChromeDriver for me.Thanks!

Your account will also need its system image to be changed in order to support Chromedriver. Your files and data will be unchanged, but it will change the point releases of Python (eg. 3.7.0 to 3.7.5), which might break any virtualenvs you have -- and if you're not using virtualenvs, the pre-installed Python modules will be upgraded so that might break any code you have that relies on the old installed versions.

If you're happy for us to switch you over despite that, then let us know.

Hello, I also wanted to have the new virtualization on for me, I am trying to use Selenium to automate a task. Thanks!

Sure, no problem -- that's done now, and new consoles will be using it. If you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you.

Hi!, please turn on the ChromeDriver for me.Thanks!

Hi! I'm ready. Please turn on ChromeDriver. Thanks!

Hi, please turn on the ChromeDriver for me.Thanks!

No problem, @archproug and @blackhat0, I have enabled it for your accounts.

I upgraded to payed account. can you turn on the ChromeDriver for me to use selenium? Thank you.

Its enabled for you, @academicpost

HI! I have a free account. Could chrome be enabled for my account too? Thanks!

Sure, no problem -- that's done now, and new consoles will be using it. If you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you. It's worth noting, though, that from a free account you are still limited to the sites on our whitelist.

Я новый пользователь и собираюсь использовать Selenium и ChromeDriver. Исходя из вышеизложенного, можете ли вы подключить их для моей учетной записи. Спасибо 0310sawbuy0310

0310sawbuy0310 it's done for you.

выдает вот такую ошибку, с чем это может быть связано?

File "/home/0310sawbuy0310/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 86, in start raise WebDriverException( selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: 'chromedriver' executable may have wrong permissions. Please see https://sites.google.com/a/chromiu m.org/chromedriver/home

You appear to be trying to use a chromedriver executable that is not the one that we have installed and you have not made it executable. Chromedriver is quite sensitive to versioning, so I would suggest not specifying the chromedriver in your code and use the one that is installed by default.

Hi!, please turn on the ChromeDriver for me. Thanks! I want to test just for now, then I will upgrade my account

Sure, no problem -- that's done now, and new consoles will be using it. If you follow the steps from my previous post then that will get Chrome working for you. It's worth noting, though, that from a free account you are still limited to the sites on our whitelist.

I am also stuck on getting the chromedriver up and running. Mind activating mine account too? I'm currently testing and would like to use selenium with chromedriver to scrape Instagram. Is that possible?

hi ! please the same problem here please can you turn on the ChromeDriver for me. thanks in advance.

@Gissa and @kumarraj123, I have enabled it for your accounts.

which chrome version is installed here can u tell me?

Chromium 78.0.3904.70 Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 16.04

Hello, could you switch on this Chrome support for me?

Thanks!

No problem. I have enabled it for your account.

Hi, is it possible to activate Chrome support for me too? Thanks!

It's done for you.

Hi, could I have it enabled for me aswell? Thanks!

Please enable it for me too thanks!

Sure, no problem -- that's done now.

Please enable it for me too thanks!

No problem. It's done for you

Hi, please enable this for me, thanks in advance

@taipham It's done for you.

Hi, please enable this for me too)

@ell4me It's done for you as well.

Hi, i have a question, i am gonna use aroud 100-150 processes with multiprocessing,1 process include new initialization with webdriver. It means i'll have 150 processes with 150 different opened windows(webdrivers). How can i use this script on your servers and is it posible? And another question if it would be posible so i'll need to send 150 requests(driver.get("some site")) to only 1 site,how i understand i'll need to use proxies,right? And which driver can u recommended me, firefox or chrome,which work better on your servers with proxies etc. Thanks in advance.

A couple things to look out for:

1. if you are free user, you can only access our whitelisted sites over http/https.
  2. depending on how memory intensive this is, it may run up against memory limits and be killed
  3. see this, the standard recommended solution, which is firefox, but also see this which will require us to switch it on for you, which is Chromium

@conrad Ок,thanks. And what paid plan are u recommended me for my tasks? And how many memory limit maximum can be use for 1 task so my process won't be kill? And last question,can i mesure how many memory used for only 1 task?

You can see the features that each account has on your account page and you can also use the "Customise your plan" to choose a specific set of features. The features you need will depend on your code.

Each process can use 3G of memory and there is no real way to measure your use except by experimenting to see when your processes get killed. You are much more likely to run into our process limit, which is 128 processes per user per server.

Hi, I am trying to use selenium with chrome driver but it's giving me an error. I suspect it's the chrome not being enabled. Can you enable chrome for me?

Hi, please enable this for me too) Thanks!

@codecompagnons It's done for you.

@pafk Thanks!