Forums

Reset whole account (delete all files and go back to default ones)

I messed up with some config files and my scripts aren't working anymore. Is there a way to completely erase all the content of my folders and go back to default options (including having the default Python packages installed)?

I just want to go back to when I opened my PythonAnywhere account for the first time.

EDIT: Please don't modify anything or reset my profile/files without telling me first, I am constantly upgrading my app and I can't do backups very often.

Hmm, unfortunately we don't have a good way to reset the default files. Is there a specific problem you are seeing? (eg: maybe you could just clear your virtualenvs/package install dirs)

People has been asking for a reset option since... 2013. Why not just put the option that the people are asking for? Most of users I guess are beginners, we want to have a fresh start.

Hi @rubenba, thanks for suggestion, but it's not "just putting the option" -- it requires some work to implement it :)

I really don't think it takes more than eight years to implement it.

There is always something higher on the priorities list.

I'm in this pickle as well - would like to simply RELOAD the original set of files - wipe mine out and restart - delete me and make me sign up again. Could this be done?

example of the above ... 1. copy my account info to a temp file account.tmp 2. delete me - entire user account 3. force me off system & and make me log in again with same username and password 4. detect that i'm a 'special case' and retrieve my account info from account.tmp 5. use that info to create a new user 6. force me off system & make me log in again - I think this would be a new user

Alternatively = post a listing of what the 'original files' should be - i can delete the others

I did try the suggestion above - one the web app page push the red button

seems to work - i'l post more later

Glad to hear that it worked for you.