Forums

how to edit /etc/ folder file

I want to change policy.xml file under path /etc/ImageMagick/ <br> but its only read mode how i can change into write mode Thanks

It's not user-editable file on PythonAnywhere. What do you need to change?

i need to change this line <policy domain="coder" rights="none" pattern="PDF" /> to this line <policy domain="coder" rights="read|write" pattern="PDF" />

I'm afraid that we won't be able to provide it now. We may consider it in the next system image build, but it won't happen very soon.

actually i am using wand library to convert pdf to image and wand library using backend of Imagemagick library

here is my code from wand.image import Image as wi<br> pdf = wi(file=myfile, resolution=300)

and its return error wand.exceptions.PolicyError: not authorized `/home/abaranski/e-learning/elearning/media/Test.pdf' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/412

any suggestion for this?

Without a system image change, you won't be able to use ImageMagick to do that on PythonAnywhere, and a system image change will take a long time before it's ready.

If you want to convert PDFs to images, perhaps you could use pdf2image? I just tried it out in my own account, and it worked well.

ok thanks for this information