Forums

1044, "Access denied for user

Hi, I'm getting a 1044, "Access denied for user 'ElAwbery'@'%' to database 'ElAwbery$Django'" I think my settings are correct:

DATABASES = {
'default': {
    'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
    'NAME': 'ElAwbery$Django',
    'USER': 'ElAwbery',
    'PASSWORD': 'mysqlpasswordhere',
    'HOST': 'ElAwbery.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com',
}

}

I used this page to help set up my database connection: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/UsingMySQL/

I haven't created any new databases, I am trying to connect to one that I created outside of PythonAnywhere. Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot much appreciated!

If you're getting "Access denied", it's because you're using the wrong password. It's not your PythonAnywhere login password. It's the password that you set for your database when you configured it. All the other settings look correct for your account.

Same for me... I change my password there to be sure it's the good one but it change nothing...

MySQL password: This should be different to your main PythonAnywhere password, because it is likely to appear in plain text in any web applications you write.

New password: Confirm password:

If you're getting access denied connecting to your database, one of the following is wrong - the username you're using, the database name you're using or the password. The first 2 are shown on your Databases page and the last is the one you set on the Databases page.

Hi, I'm getting a 1044 error: (1044, "Access denied for user 'meeraanna'@'%' to database 'tododatabase'") I think my settings are correct:

DATABASES = { "default": { "ENGINE": "django.db.backends.mysql", "NAME": "tododatabase", "USER": "meeraanna", "PASSWORD": "meera@123", "HOST": "meeraanna.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com", } }

Your databse name is probably "meeraanna$tododatabase" not "tododatabase"

django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'bankapplogin'@'10.0.0.107' (using password: YES)") iam getting this error and database settings is

DATABASES = {
    "default": {
        "ENGINE": "django.db.backends.mysql",
        "NAME":"bankapplogin$bankdatabase",
        "USERNAME":"bankapplogin",
        "PASSWORD":"bankdatabase",
        "HOST":"bankapplogin.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com",
    }
}

[edit by admin: formatting]

Have you checked that the password you are specifying there matches the one in the file .my.cnf in your home directory?

BTW I noticed that your username is bankapplogin -- if you are creating some kind of site that resembles a banking website, then please make it very clear on the site that it is not a real bank. There are scammers out there who use fake bank sites as part of their activities, and we regularly have to shut them down.

i have installed the python pyttsx3 library for the text to speech recognition but it didn't work.

What kind of errors did you get, @keku4?

Hi i keep getting this error django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1044, "Access denied for user 'temithecreative'@'%' to database 'temithecreative$temithecreative$jaxluxe'") and Server Error 500 on my web app How can I fix this

Hi there, the database name is probably meant to be temithecreative$jaxluxe' instead of temithecreative$temithecreative$jaxluxe'

hola, tengo una BD creada por fuera de pythonahywhere, el problema que tengo es que no puedo vincularla. Coloco en el bash: "mysql -u juan -h juan.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com -p juan$base < base.sql" y me da este error "ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'juan'@'%' to database 'juan' ". Directamente me deniega, no me pide ninguna contraseña ni nada. Que puede estar fallando?

You won't be able to access your database from outside of PythonAnywhere on a free account: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/AccessingMySQLFromOutsidePythonAnywhere/

Ok, no lo sabia. Gracias!!

estoy ahora en una suscripcion paga, y sigo con el mismo problema. Que podrá ser el problema?

Make sure you use correct username and password when establishing the SSH tunnel -- I see failed attempts in our logs due to using wrong username (your username is "avelino" not the email address you used to register the account).

Muchas gracias por la ayuda. Ahora, necesito vincular la BD base.sql con base de datos avelino$base. Como seria la instruccion, ya que yo coloco en el bash "mysql -u avelino -h avelino.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com -p avelino$base < base.sql " y obtengo como resultado "Access denied for user 'avelino'@'%' to database 'avelino'"?

Hi, it seems like the error message doesn't match the command you shared. It says you are using database name "avelino", when it should be "avelino$base"

sisi, transcribo a continuación: 19:56 ~ $ mysql -u avelino -h avelino.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com -p avelino$base < base.sql

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'avelino'@'%' to database 'avelino'

You have to single-quote the database name (like this: 'avelino$base'), otherwise $base will be interpreted by Bash as a variable and expanded to an empty string.