Forums

Are the servers scheduled to restart at a certain time every day?

Ive noticed that a 24/7 program I have running (very low usage) gets shutdown frequently (once a day ish) Is their a schedule in which this occurs?

I made a second program to run the previous program if its not already running and set it to run once a day. I'm wondering what the optimal time to set this to would be.

Free tier so I cannot set it as always running. I will be running this program (and others) on a raspberry pi in about a month so i'm just looking for a temporary solution.

hi- are you running this from the console, as a scheduled task, or as an always on task?

For a scheduled task, we expect these to be somewhat short tasks, and since they are triggered again and again every hour/day, we have cleanup routines to deal with any program that may have gotten stuck.

For a program that you want to always keep running, the recommendation would be to get a paid account and run it as an always on task.

Its a scheduled task set for 6AM my time zone. 1400 UTC I think. The program is extremely short all it does it check if the main program is already running, and, if not run it. It probably takes < 50 ms of cpu time.

I'm a bit confused -- how are you running the 24/7 program? If it's running in a console, it's on a different physical machine to the scheduled task that you have, so that won't help matters.

it just stays running. It sleeps for 60 seconds then starts again. Its constantly running. The second script is just to restart it when the server stops it.

Yes, but where? From a console?