Forums

PostgresSQL version

Hello what is the latest version of PostgresSQL that python anywhere supports. My understanding is that Django 3.0 dropped support for some older versions. Would I be able to host a postgres database with Django 3.0 on python anywhere?

PythonAnywhere currently only supports Postgres 9.4. I believe that Django 3 does not work with that version. We do intend to provide a more recent Postgres version, but we do not have an estimate on when that will be available.

Thank you. Understood.

It has been a long time and Postgresql 9.4 is also no longer a supported version by Django and also not by Postgresql itself. I assume there is an upgraded Postgresql available at PythonAnywhere however I cannot find any info on how to upgrade to a newer Postgresql version. How do I upgrade. Thanks

PS, FYI It is not possible to use Postgresql 9.4 with Django 3 as it gives sql syntax errors for many to many relationships. Django supported versions are 3.2 and up Postgresql supported versions are 10 and up

I believe we already replied you via the email, let's continue our conversation there.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I replied to the email.