Forums

rabbitmq

Does pythonanywhere support installing and running a rabbitmq server (which depends on Erlang)? If so, are the installation instructions any different than the info on the link below?

http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-generic-unix.html

Thanks again for an awesome service!

Hello,

The Erlang run time environment is not installed so that might be a bit of a show stopper...

But we do take votes on what people's favourite messaging/queueing library would be. So I should put you down as one vote for rabbitmq?

Cheers

Yes, please do!

Thanks.

+1

+1

Thanks, noted!

Please I vote Rabbitmq too!

What's the word on this? Did pythonanywhere end up deciding to support RabbitMQ?

It's still on the list, but we don't have any specific plans for it. I've added another upvote on your behalf.

+1!

+1

RabbitMQ!!!

Thanks! I've added an upvote.

+1

noted.

+1

Thanks! Noted.

+1

+1

Both noted -- thanks!

+1

Noted :-)

+1

Noted again!

+1

Noted. Thanks!

+1

Noted once again :-)

+1

Noted. thanks!

+1

Noted!

+1

Noted again :-)

+1

+1

Also noted :-)

+1

noted- if you would like us to tell you when we make the feature available, do also send us an email / give us your email address as well!

Hi is rabbitmq available yet? Not sure how many more votes you would require for this to be possible?

It's something we are actively working towards. There are some intermediate steps that need to be taken before it can happen.

Hello there! Is rabbitmq can be used now?? I need to use it. Please...

Hello there! Is rabbitmq can be used now?? I need to use it. Please...

And yes +1 for rabbitmq

+1 noted :-) We're working on some changes that will lead to us supporting it, but it will still be a while, unfortunately.

yes i vote too +1

it's been 7 years.. i know it's easy but why the long wait

+1 noted! I'm guessing you missed out a "not" in your second comment :-)

The reason it's not done yet is because there are a lot of things that people have asked us to add to PythonAnywhere -- our list of suggestions is thousands of items long -- and we're adding things based on how many people have asked for them. Support for task queues like RabbitMQ and Celery only reached the top of the list relatively recently, and there's a lot of stuff we have to do to support them. The first step was always-on tasks, which we released officially near the end of last year, but there's still more to do.

I would like to add a +1 for rabbitMQ or a +100 for any type of message queue that we can use on PA. :D

thanks, noted!

I would like to add a +1 for rabbitMQ.

This is purely because I would like to include Taiga to my integrated project management hosted on PythonAnywhere - at the moment I cannot include this.

Noted

i would love to use rabbitMQ

Ok. Noted.

Me too!

okay, +1'd

+1

Noted!

+1

Too many limitations on pya tbh. Each time I want to do something in my app I have to first check to see if it's supported by pya. Its really frustrating.

Thanks for your feedback

+1

Thanks for your feedback