Forums

Matplotlib Import Error

Hi, I had Matplotlib installed and working in my PC. I decided to uninstall it using the control panel software uninstall option and install it again. This time when I run the VIDLE using the import matplot.pyplot as plt sentence I get the following message:

[b]Python 2.7.10 (default, May 23 2015, 09:40:32) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.

================================ RESTART ================================

Traceback (most recent call last): File "Untitled", line 1 import matplotlib.pyplot as plt File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib__init__.py", line 140 raise ImportError("matplotlib requires pyparsing") ImportError: matplotlib requires pyparsing

[/b]

Can someone help me in getting Matplotlib working again? Thanks...

Hi there -- this is the tech support forum for an online Python environment, PythonAnywhere, so it's probably not the best place to ask about problems with Matplotlib on your local machine... That said, while I haven't had any experience with installing it locally myself, my best guess from that error message is that you can solve the problem by running pip install pyparsing. If that doesn't work, perhaps one of our other users might know something, but you'll probably be better off finding a help resource via this link.