Forums

Problem with loops searching for the information in the database

Hi all, I need some help with my code, because I have a bit of trouble with using the cur.execute in the loops.

When I try this:

for pos_X, pos_Y, prog_id, prog_width in zip(positions_X, positions_Y, programs_id, program_width):
    cur.execute('SELECT button_ids, button_width FROM buttons where button_ids=?', [prog_id))
    if int(pos_X) == 375:
       if int(prog_width) == 342:
           self.getControl(int(prog_id)).setVisible(False)

It will work fine but I can't get self.getControl to work unless if I have to fire the code twice.

So if I try this:

for pos_X, pos_Y, prog_id, prog_width in zip(positions_X, positions_Y, programs_id, program_width):
        #cur.execute('SELECT button_ids, button_width FROM buttons where button_ids=?', [prog_id))
        if int(pos_X) == 375:
               self.getControl(int(prog_id)).setVisible(False)

It will work fine without have any problem.

Here is the full code:

cur.execute('SELECT button_ids, button_width FROM buttons where button_ids=?', [prog_id])
    buttons = cur.fetchall()

for ind, row in enumerate(buttons):
        button_id = str(row[0])
        button_width = str(row[1])
        buttonList.append(button_id)
        buttonWidthList.append(button_width)
    buttons_id = map(str, buttonList)
    buttons_width = map(str, buttonWidthList)

for program_id, program_width in zip(buttons_id, buttons_width):
            if int(pos_X) == 375:
                    print program_id

I want to check in the elements pos_X to see if I have the value 375 and I want to check in the elements prog_width to see if it have the value 342 then I want to call the database to find for the matched elements of prog_id then I want to pull the information from the database to get the width size before I use to call the object self.getControl.

Can somebody please help me with this?

does anyone know????????

I think mostly, people are just puzzled.

What do you mean by "can't get self.getControl to work"? Does it not do what you expect? Does it not get called? Do you get an exception? And what do you mean by "fire the code twice"? Re-run the program? Call it twice inside the if statement? There is no call to self.getControl in your "full code". Also, I can see no way that the full code you listed can work without exceptions if you comment out the cur.excute line.