Forums

Domain and web2py

Hi,

I have a new web2py app and pointed it to www.ttheorydataextractor.com, however when the page loads it just says it's going to be another great web app hosted by pythonanywhere. No errors or anything so how do I get this to load? I did my own personal under my username before but removed that to make a new one with this domain.

Thanks,

Tom

You don't have your CNAME for www.ttheorydataextractor.com set up correctly. Read this. There also appears to be a redirect on www.ttheorydataextractor.com that is sending your browser to tsrdatatech.pythonanywhere.com and since you deleted that web app, it can't be found.

Thanks for the info glenn. Would the redirect be because of the CNAME issue? Yes I deleted tsrdatatech.pythonanywhere.com so that I could set the domain to www.ttheorydataextractor.com, was this the correct way of doing this?

Thanks.

I don't know where the redirect came from. My guess is that you have it set up with your domain host. You have done the correct thing to do what you want to do on PythonAnywhere. The thing that is missing is correct configuration with your domain host. The docs I posted should help with that.