Forums

"latex problem"

from http://kernie_xvid.pythonanywhere.com :

RuntimeError at /

LaTeX was not able to process the following string: 'lp' Here is the full report generated by LaTeX:

but on my localhost all fine, Im not understand whats special about string 'lp'

At the very bottom it says:

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 500 page.

I doubt that helps, but wanted to make sure it's noted.

Someone solve that by os.environ['PATH'] = os.environ['PATH'] + ':/usr/texbin'

what should I write in path settings?

i don't think we have latex installed... what are you trying to achieve? can you share some code?

shure, im trying to achieve utf8 text in matplotlib's diagram:

import scipy
import pylab
import hashlib

from pylab import *
from pyh import *

from matplotlib import rc
rc('font',**{'family':'serif'})
rc('text', usetex=True)
rc('text.latex',unicode=True)
rc('text.latex',preamble='\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}')
rc('text.latex',preamble='\usepackage[russian]{babel}')

x = scipy.arange(len(wordsWithFrequencyList))
    y = scipy.array(frequencies)
    f = pylab.figure()
    ax = f.add_axes([0.2, 0.2, 0.7, 0.7])
    ax.bar(x, y, align='center')
    ax.set_xticks(x)
    ax.set_xticklabels(label_words, rotation='vertical')

f.show()

f.savefig(filename) save as png

et c.

I'm not familiar with neither of those libraries - but could it be that matplotlib will rely on on some latex module that isn't installed on pythonanywhere.com? Or does matplotlib ship with its own built-in latex interpreter?

somehow matplotlib use tex, i installed packege texlive-latex-extra for run this

this i need:

Matplotlib’s LaTeX support requires a working LaTeX installation, dvipng (which may be included with your LaTeX installation), and Ghostscript (GPL Ghostscript 8.60 or later is recommended). The executables for these external dependencies must all be located on your PATH.

So, LaTex, dvipng, Ghostscript... Or maybe other way for utf8 fonts.

could you please install this packages

Hey there, LaTeX is on our to-do list. I've added an up-vote on your behalf. Thanks for the code example - we'll use that for our tests. I can't give any guarantees on how soon we can do it I'm afraid...

PA just keeps getting better & better!!

We've just added all the binaries from texlive and ghostscript to /usr/bin - let us know if this fixes the problem?