Forums

ImageMagick

Good afternoon.

I have been successfully running a django project on pythonanywhere. One of the applications converts a pdf into images using Wand, the ImageMagick binding for python. This has been working well for months up until yesterday.

Now when I run the application, I receive an error posted by django of the form:

Postscript delegate failed `/home/<userID>/path/to/test/test_pdf.pdf': No such file or directory @ error/pdf.c/ReadPDFImage/677

To test if ImageMagick/gs was working fine under the hood I attempted to use the 'convert' command in the terminal. When running the command:

convert -density 200 test.pdf %d.jpg

I get the error

test_dir: unable to read image data `/tmp/magick-hQfOWPsq-00000014' @ error/pnm.c/ReadPNMImage/1159

where test_dir is the directory in which the terminal is sitting.

Presumably if ImageMagick is not functioning correctly this might explain the issues I am seeing in django. Could this be an issue with ImageMagick/gs on the pythonanywhere.com server? Or would you say this is originating from my usage of the tools?

Many Thanks

Sam.

Further info:

convert -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2014-03-06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org                                                                                                                                          
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2012 ImageMagick Studio LLC                                                                                                                                                        
Features: OpenMP
gs -version
GPL Ghostscript 9.10 (2013-08-30)
Copyright (C) 2013 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Hi Sam -- might it be something to do with disk space? I can see that you're at 84% of your quota, so a large-enough image or PDF might push you over and get truncated, which would explain the error.