Forums

realms-wiki

Hi,

Was curious if anyone who has played around with realms-wiki on pythonanywhere could give me any tips . Pip installs it no problem, and it looks like we (pyany) have all the pre-reqs covered. Also I think waliki at pyany is using this. Anyway, I'm going to start looking for the configuration files and try to figure out how this attaches to a mysql dbase.

Cheers

Let us know how you get on. And, we're here if you get stuck!

Thank you Harry, useful after pip install

$ realms-wiki --help 
$ realms-wiki setup     # creates a json file in the home dir

"""(comment under construction)""" comming back to this I find now when I run the above command

OSError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/var/www/wiki_infose_cc_wsgi.py/.git'

which is not that intuitive, neither was looking at every other file in the stack trace or Googling for that error, or looking at log files. So I'm out of time for now and will have to contemplate my next move. Maybe it's a wsgi misconfiguration, maybe reinstalling will help idk.

ok I found this

For anybody else having problems like this -- OSError, or problems with imports -- one thing to try is rebuilding a new virtualenv.

recipe to make this work.
1) mkvirtaulenv and pip install realms-wiki
2) run $ realms-wiki setup
3) created the dbase
4) modified the wsgi file with [link][1]. scroll down to Create /var/www/my-realms-dir/wsgi.py
put the correct path to your site packages directory (VENV_SITE_DIR = "/home/yourname/.virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages) and uncomment it.
uncomment the next two lines after that
5) Make sure your dns record points to the correct ip. This can be accomplished with $ dig your domain here, find out who owns the IP address using $ dig -x your ip, go to your registrar and point it to your server.
Note: for each new subdomain repeat process
6) wait for ttl to time out and enjoy

[1]: https://github.com/scragg0x/realms-wiki/blob/c5c71ce1f945df397b6ee322fbf38c88036db280/README.md

Thanks!

my pleasure, I hope someone finds it useful. I think the wiki design is very clean and attractive. I still have a number of things to figure out.

maybe when all is said and done I will be able to contribute to a more clear instructional on my wiki.

I found that in the default configuration setup, realms-wiki puts all the files in /tmp/ .

CSRF and XSS vulnerabilities found in realms-wiki, full disclosure. I can validate that using a 'for loop' in the described method will create numerous pages we did 500.