Forums

django admin base.html

Hi there,

I think I am probably missing something quite simple here, but I am wanting to make an edit to the djago admin base.html file. Where I am able to find this having set-up my django up on python anywhere?… I have all my static files relating to admin in the static/admin/... having run python manage.py collectstatic but am looking to make changed to the base.html also.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks!

Customising the django admin templates isn't entirely straightforward -- check out this guide for example: http://lonelycode.com/2009/05/28/customising-the-django-admin/

The general recommendation is to make copies of the django templates, and put them inside your project folder. Are you using our default system python, or a virtualenv?

Hi Harry, Thanks for the tips and big apologies for the long delay. I'm working on the default system python. DOes that affect the above? Thanks!

The article is useful, cheers!

FIXED My earlier concern was irrelevant to this thread,hence the re-edit, some use of firebug and i found out what was missing.

(The link suggested as solution does not work) :/ sadly, i also stumbled upon the same problem, however my concern is, the admin login page is displayed which I believe is the implementation of the base.html, however,

{% block branding %}

Does not seem to work on my code. I've spent a couple of hours figuring this out, the same thing is working on my local machine. Please go through my code, if required.

Cool. Glad you worked it out.