Forums

Different number of workers per app

Are you planning to allow choosing how many workers each app has?

Let's say I want to build a custom plan with 5 small apps and 1 big app. For the small ones, one worker is enough, but for the big one I need 10 workers.

The only way to achieve this now is to create several separate PythonAnywhere accounts OR assign 10 workers to each app, what results in much higher price and a huge waste of resources.

We are considering that. I have upvoted the ticket for you.

Yes, that would be well useful

I think it would be useful as well

thanks. i've upvoted the ticket.

by the way guys- just want to point out that with the education beta that we just launched, you can create a master (teacher) account that can have an overview of/manage your student accounts (subaccounts).

this is super hacky, but it could potentially make the create several accounts method less clunky/annoying? send us an email if you want us to set that up for you.

Could you say when approximately are you going to take a look at it? I'm about to upgrade my account, so I want to know whether I should wait for it or not.

We don't have an approximate date for it right now. But Conrad's suggestion might be a good temporary workaround -- if you put each of your web apps in a separate PythonAnywhere account, each account with one web app and a different number of workers, and we can set things up so that you can switch between them without having to log out and then back in again. The downside is that they won't share the same filesystem.

Upvote pls