Forums

web2py Internal Server Error

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my web2py app.... i can't reach nor my app neither the admin application. I always get an "Internal Server Error"... I've tried to reload my app but didn't work... the strange is that my error log is empty. Until this afternoon everything worked fine and i haven't done any modification.

Do you have any idea/suggestion?

thank you very much.

jon

Update: in the bue.pythonanywhere.com.server.log at the bottom I found:

--- no python application found, check your startup logs for errors ---

same here

I really think that PA needs to do something about its frequent database outages, this problem happened a few days back too in which the source codes 'disappeared' for some time. Everything else to be considered, this is a good host but they need to do something about it.

Same here, except I'm having this issue with a Flask application. In my error_log, only:

2015-01-06 02:36:12,090 :IOError: write error
2015-01-06 02:36:12,099 :RuntimeError: generator ignored GeneratorExit

And, in my server_log, all I see is the

--- no python application found, check your startup logs for errors ---

I have two apps, both using the same WSGI file and run off the same codebase. One of my apps works perfectly, while the other just spits out an Internal Server Error. Interestingly enough, my static directory's contents are still being served up as expected, even from the app which returns the error.

If it makes any difference, I'm not using a database in either of my apps.

Update:

I'm now getting a:

Error code: 504-loadbalancer

and then a

Error code: 502-loadbalancer

error when I go to my app's URL. And, my static directory's content is no longer being served up.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there,

First of all, apologies for the outage. It looks like one of our web servers had a number of problems, perhaps worsening over the afternoon from around 5pm onwards. We're investigating whether or not it was a problem on AWS or on our own side (or a combination of both) and will be trying to work out how our monitoring can be improved to help us respond go this faster in the future.

While we were sorting out this initial issue, we had a further outage on a different web server, which took it out for about 5 minutes.

This is not related to the database problems we had a couple of weeks back.

Everything should be back up and running now. Let us know if any of your web apps are still misbehaving.