Forums

Anyone else having probs wirth Bash consoles?

Starting yesterday evening (Saturday), my bash consoles seem to be hanging or not loading - anyone else? Jim

Was it all of your consoles, or just one or two? One console server did have a problem starting at around 3am UTC (looking into why we weren't paged about that), but the others seemed to be OK.

All should be OK now, anyway. Sorry about that!

Thanks Giles - it's been OK since.

I was only trying to use one console at a time.

Right, I guess it just happened to be a console on the affected server (it was consoles-4). I think the monitoring on that server is broken, we'll fix that when everyone's back in the office tomorrow.

Yes I had the problem. A couple of my bots went down luckily they weren't mission critical unlike my main account.

It's a bad idea to run mission-critical processes in consoles. Console servers can be restarted at any time. Use scheduled tasks for long-running processes that you want to run. Docs are here

I agree, I will turn on scheduling thanks for the document :) I just need the application to restart if it stops.

None of my consoles are loading at the moment, is this related to the problem here?

Hi Janis,

I just took a look at your consoles and they seem to be working fine now. Are you using web sockets to connect or no?

I don't believe I'm using web sockets. I'm currently unable to load any of the consoles via my web browser. The web page loads but the terminal emulator never appears.

I can connect to my running Bash shell OK.

Looks like it's a problem with one of my computers, can log in from elsewhere.

Which OS & browser?

Iceweasel 31.2.0 running on crunchbang (debian 7.7). Works fine on my ubuntu box runnning most recent firefox.

Just spun up a crunchbang vm. Works for me! Iceweasel is version 31.3.0...

What are you seeing?

I had a look with firebug and everything appears to load but the div with id "terminal" isn't being rendered in the page. Where the terminal usually loads is just empty and therefore appears just like the background. I emptied my browsers cache and same result happens. Let me know what other information I can provide you with. I might try reinstalling my browser if I can't get anything working.

Hmm. iceweasel 31.2.0 + crunchbang works fine for me on my vm as well. Are there any javascript console messages when you open developer tools and try to load the page?

I get this from the console:

TypeError: this.storage_ is null https://www.pythonanywhere.com/static/hterm_all.js Line 2893

That sounds like you have localStorage disabled in some way.

That was indeed it. Do you know of any way to selectively allow DOM storage based on sites?

This is something that is controlled by your browser. I believe if you go into iceweasel preferences, under privacy tab, you can use custom settings and add an exception there.