Forums

Console Problem in Browser: Cursor Position and Loading in Browser

Hi PythonAnywhere, My console is not working properly. I am facing the following 2 issues: 1. The console cursor does not remain in the same position where typing is done. It appears shifted either to the left or to the right making typing very difficult. 2. Console sometimes does not load properly in browser. It loads on only the latest line's worth of space. I have taken screenshots of these issues. More specifically, you can replicate these issues in: Issue 1 - Bash console 871295, Image : Issue 1 Issue 2 - Bash console 871296, Image : Issue 2 I am using Google Chrome. These issues have only appeared recently, making it very difficult to use the site effectively. An early resolution of this problem would be very helpful.

Issue 1: It looks like you've somehow changed the console font to a proportional one. Possibly using client-side style sheets or a browser extension or something like that.

Issue 2: You've changed the zoom level of the page, so the console can't work out what size it should be. Look here

Hi Glenn, Issue 2 gets solved whenever I change zoom level to 100%.

For issue 1, Can you tell me what fonts I should use. There are some extra fonts that are loaded directly into chrome. No extensions are there in browser. I tried fonts listed here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/g0DAtpH8QrM.

Possibly the issue is resolved. I will have to test it for now.

Thanks for your reply.

You'll want to set the Chrome "Fixed width font" to a font that is actually fixed width. I don't think you used the fonts on the page you listed because the font in your screenshot is definitely not Courier.

Yes you are right. I was using another font. Now, I suppose console should work fine...