Forums

Web2py migrate

Web2py migrations have been working fine on the mysql db. But for some reason I get the following error with the smallest db change.

<class '_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError'> (1025, "Error on rename of './richdijk@0024imanops03d/#sql-d2c_1510c14' to './richdijk@0024imanops03d/local_ev' (errno: 150)")

What can be the cause for this?

Richard

I think that's the same problem as with your other post -- the database name needs to include richdijk$ at the start.

Hi Giles,

In the DAL definition the richdijk pre-fix exists. I think it is caused by multiple sessions. Could that be posible?

Hi there -- I suppose it's possible that one web app worker might be blocking another from doing the migration. But I think it might be something more to do with the migration. After a bit of googling around, I came across this page, which suggests that errno 150 is related to foreign key constraints.

Perhaps this is one for the web2py Google group?

Giles,

Thank for the information that will make me more viable in this technical arena.I use the web2py group also depending on my judgement whether the infrastructure or the web2py framework is to 'blame'.

I am planning to host a serious business app for my customers at your environment and we might be in touch more often in the future.

Regards, Richard

No problem, glad to help :-)