Forums

What LOCATION should I point Memcached to after deployment?

CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
        'LOCATION': '127.0.0.1:11211',
    }
}

I need to change 'LOCATION' to replace localhost. Any guidance?

We don't support memcached at the moment, so there's nothing you can put in LOCATION to make it work. I have upvoted the memcached ticket for you.

@glenn - Do we support memcached now on PAW?

No, but if you really want to do caching, you could try using redis-lite as your cache.

Any suggestions how to configure redis-lite for Django? I tried to do that with no luck...

what settings did you use?

I was completely wildguessing. I looked at the flask example, but I couldn't figure out what should I use as location here: CACHES = { "default": { "BACKEND": "django_redis.cache.RedisCache", "LOCATION": "dev/shm/redis.db", "OPTIONS": { "CLIENT_CLASS": "django_redis.client.DefaultClient", } } } Also, should it be working with a django-redis backend? Anyway, I'm not using the django app I was intending to use, which required caching, so for now I don't need this, but it might be useful as a general knowledge.

You need to get redislite to actually start the server and then use the config in your settings:

from redislite import StrictRedis

redis = StrictRedis("/dev/shm/cache.rdb")

CACHES = {
    'default': {
        "BACKEND": "django_redis.cache.RedisCache",
        "LOCATION": "unix://@%s" % (redis.socket_file, )
    }
}

Thanks!

Any update on whether PA supports memcached now?

No updates right now, but we've added an upvote for you on our issue tracker.

What about creating a public issue tracker to allow users to vote for new features? You can restrict it to only PRO accounts because it will be useful to focus only on the wishes of people who are 100% ready to pay for the service.

That's not something we're likely to have the time to do or administer any time soon.