Forums

SQLite 3.8.3 or later is required (found 3.8.2).

Hi there,

I get this error when I try and launch my django webpage.

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: SQLite 3.8.3 or later is required (found 3.8.2).

Thanks, Rupert

Okay, we have switched you over to the new image. You will have to restart your consoles, webapps and always on tasks for the chg to take effect.

I am getting this error as well. Can anyone help?

I see you sent us a feedback message regarding this too -- we'll reply over email.

Hey there I get this error also on my web app could you please check for me? I'll send a separate feedback message just in case. Thank you!

I'll reply over email to your feedback message.

Good afternoon, I get this error message too. Could anyone help me ? What shall I do ?

If you want we can switch you over to the new system image. However, note that this may break your code (ie. different python library may have different versions in the new image) and you may need to rebuild your virtualenvs.

hi guys, quite new here, I am trying to set up Django 3 on a virtual env. and I am getting the same error message, can you please sort me out!

Sure, can you reply to confirm that you understand this may break your code and you need to rebuild your virtualenvs?

yes I understand the risks, fire it up please!

It's done for you.

Can I also get on the new image? I understand it may break my code and I may need to rebuild my virtualenv.

thanks for confirming, I've switched you over.

Hi guys, same error occurs for me too. Is there any way to solve around?

Sure, we can switch you over to the new system image. This may break your code and you need to rebuild your virtualenvs. Reply to confirm if you want to proceed.

Confirmed. Thanks :)

No problem -- that's done now. Any new consoles you start will have the new system image; any scheduled/always-on tasks and websites will pick it up the next time they're (re)started.

I am getting this error as well. I also removed and created virtual inviroment several times and also killed consoles too. But it still does not work. Can anyone help me?

Sure, we can switch you over to the new system image. This may break your code and you need to rebuild your virtualenvs. Reply to confirm if you want to proceed.

Confirm. Thank you!

No problem. I have updated your system image.

hi, i have this problem as well. could you please help me?

Sure, we have switched you over. You will have to restart your consoles and reload your webapps etc for the change to take effect.

Hi I'm also having this issue. Can you please help out?

Sure! We can change your system image to the most recent one, but one word of warning first -- because of the changes to the point releases of Python, any virtualenvs you have might break -- and if you're not using virtualenvs, the pre-installed Python modules will be upgraded so that might break any code you have that relies on the old installed versions.

If you're happy for us to switch you over despite that, then let us know.

Hi yep that's fine, please go ahead and switch across

No problem -- that's done now. Any new consoles you start will have the new system image; websites and scheduled tasks will pick it up the next time they're started. Your default save and run python version and default python3 version remain unchanged. We can change it for you if you want.

same issue on mine, how can i fix this?

You need an upgrade with the same caveats Giles mentioned above. Let us know if you want to proceed.

Please proceed as soon as possible

No problem -- that's done now. Any new consoles you start will have the new system image; websites and scheduled tasks will pick it up the next time they're started. Your default save and run python version and default python3 version remain unchanged. We can change it for you if you want.

Hey! I'm having this issue as well. Can you help please?

Sure! We can change your system image to the most recent one, but one word of warning first -- because of the changes to the point releases of Python, any virtualenvs you have might break -- and if you're not using virtualenvs, the pre-installed Python modules will be upgraded so that might break any code you have that relies on the old installed versions.

yeap, that's okay. Lets try with a new image

@dariia55555 It's done. Any new consoles you start will have the new system image; websites and scheduled tasks will pick it up the next time they're started. Your default save and run python version and default python3 version remain unchanged. We can change it for you if you want.

Hi @pythonanywhere team, I need an sqlite upgrade (3.8.3 or later) as well. I would also like to upgrade my virtualenv to python 3.8. Could you help me? It's kinda urgent, since my site is down atm.

No problem -- that's done now. Any new consoles you start will have the new system image; websites and scheduled tasks will pick it up the next time they're started.

wow, that was quick - thanks a lot!

No problem, glad to help :-)

Hey! I'm having some troubles with this issue... May you help me, please?

ok, we've switched that over for you. Any new consoles you start will be using the new system image.

Hello @pythonanywhere team, Is it possible to upgrade my sqlite to version "3.31.1"? The problem is that queries implemented earlier were done on sqlite 3.31.1 and on your hosting uses sqlite "3.11.0". It would be such a relief if I didn't have to rewrite the code bacause the queries are not working properly right now.

Unfortunately 3.11.0 is the most recent version that we support right now :-( That may change in our next system image, but we don't have a timeline for that yet. I've made a note to post here when it is available.

I'm getting the same error. Hoping you can fix it as well. Thank you.

Just a note to say that you no longer need to ask to have your system image changed -- you can change it yourself from the "Account" page. There's more information on this help page.

We have a new system image (called glastonbury) that includes and updated sqlite.

I am getting the same error message listed above here, except it is saying that I need better than 3.9. Thus, feel free to upgrade my copies of Python, SQLite3, Bash, and Git here to their latest versions available. I realize that may mean I might need to then redo my VirtualENV as a result. Sounds like a plan. Thank you!

@schillgc You need to do it on your own. There's more information on this help page.