Forums

Next system image

I just found out that Python 3.8 has been released. When will the 3.8 system image become available?

We have a new system image in the works, and we are currently checking it for any problems. It should be available within the next month or so.

out of curiosity, what will it be called?

fishnchips :)

Great name

You should name the 3.9 image “clorox”

We're following an alphabetical series ("classic", "dangermouse", "earlgrey", "fishnchips"), so it will need to start with a "g". The naming scheme is a kind of vague "british stuff" theme, with the exception of "classic", which was named that was just because it was our original image. The current leading contender for 3.9 internally is "glastonbury" but we're certainly open to other suggestions :-)

goodbritishclorox

clorox can

clorox can

What will the 25th one be called?

Or maybe you can name the 3.9 image after Giles or Glenn

For the 25th one... well, we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps we'll wrap round the alphabet and start again at "a".

We could name the 3.9 one after me or Glenn, but then we'd need to decide who -- and that could be kind of divisive because the other would have to wait 26 years for their chance...

Of course it would be named after you if you do that. Glenn wasn’t even one of the founders of PA

You are a god and Glenn isn’t

I’m not a god either :-(

how about:

'geezer', 'grannysmith', 'georgeandmildred', 'gazza' ?

good.

flask.g

Tony the tiger: They're grrrrreat!

Kellogggggggggggg's

goodbritishclorox

hackconradsaccount

imgay

judgejudy

kidsaredumb

logfilesareconfusing

momcanipleasehavesometurkishdelight

n00b