Forums

Error code: 502

Hi, I am getting the error, Error code: 502-backend when I am trying to launch my webpages.

Me too. On twitter it currently says "Having a few filesystem problems on one server, investigating." "Problem has spread to other instances, a number of web apps and consoles are down. Looks like an Amazon problem. We're investigating."

From Server logs: ImportError: No module named USERNAME_pythonanywhere_com_wsgi

web2py.com site is down as well

Hi there -- yes, we're having some problems with Amazon AWS, who are our underlying hosting provider. We're working on a fix -- you can see updates on our Twitter feed.

OK, everything should be back to normal now. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

Getting a 502 error on our site...any idea what's going on?

Can't reload webapp; my site never responds at all instead of giving a 502. Can still get files and run the console from the admin interface.

Ah, here we go: Error code: 502-loadbalancer and Error code: 504-loadbalancer

i have Error code: 502-loadbalancer

I also get an error 504-loadbalancer when I navigate to my app using the pythonanywhere.com subdomain - however, using my own domain works fine and loads quickly.

I can reload the app attached to my own domain fine, but the subdomain app (same codebase) fails with a 502 status code.

https://imaging.pythonanywhere.com/admin/default/site Same error, 502. Please......

https://frederic.pythonanywhere.com/ 502....................

Sorry. We had one of the web servers break last night and we were not alerted. Everything should be working now. As soon as we've finished replying to everyone that was affected, we'll be beefing up our monitoring so this doesn't happen again.

it comes back again. Error code: 502-loadbalancer

Is it still happening? Our new alerting worked and we have (hopefully!) applied a fix.

all ok now, but at least ten minutes sites didn't work.

Right. It looks like someone is accidentally DoSing one of our web servers. But at least the alerting is working now, so we were able to log in and switch everything over to a new server quickly.

Something went wrong :-( This website is hosted by PythonAnywhere, an online hosting environment. Something went wrong while trying to load it; please try again later.

Debugging tips If this is your PythonAnywhere-hosted site, the problem is likely to be that it's taking several minutes to respond when requests come in, at least for this particular URL. Check your site's server and error logs for any messages — you can view them from the Web tab inside PythonAnywhere.

If there's nothing in the logs, and you're sure your site is OK, and there's no reason it would be taking a long time to respond, then it might be a problem on our side. Drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com, in the forums, or using the "Send feedback" link on the site, quoting the error code below.

Error code: 504-loadbalancer

"Error code: 504-loadbalancer" facing this error please help.

Hi there, are you still seeing problems? Your site seems to be loading OK now?

i am getting Error code: 504-loadbalancer

Sorry for inconveniences. We experienced an outage this morning, by now everything should be sorted out and running. If you keep having this problem, please let us know!