Forums

moviepy error

I tried creating a TextClip:

>>> from moviepy.editor import *
>>> text = TextClip('Hello world', fontsize=32, color='white')

This error appeared:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dull/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/moviepy/video/VideoClip.py", line 1161, in __init__
    subprocess_call(cmd, logger=None)
  File "/home/dull/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/moviepy/tools.py", line 54, in subprocess_call
    raise IOError(err.decode('utf8'))
OSError: convert: not authorized `@/tmp/tmpxh0atlan.txt' @ error/property.c/InterpretImageProperties/3405.convert: no images defined `PNG32:/tmp/tmpu5rsc6x2.png' @error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3210.
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/dull/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/moviepy/video/VideoClip.py", line 1170, in __init__
    raise IOError(error)
OSError: MoviePy Error: creation of None failed because of the following error:
convert: not authorized `@/tmp/tmpxh0atlan.txt' @ error/property.c/InterpretImageProperties/3405.convert: no images defined `PNG32:/tmp/tmpu5rsc6x2.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3210.
.This error can be due to the fact that ImageMagick is not installed on your computer, or (for Windows users) that you didn't specify the path to the ImageMagick binary in file conf.py, or that the path you specified is incorrect

Interesting, thanks! A bit of Googling around suggests that there is a problem getting ImageMagick working with Ubuntu's default installation -- for example, see this reddit post.

Fixing that will require a new system image from us, but luckily that's something we're working on right now (so that we can support Python 3.8 when it comes out later on this year). I'll see if we can get a fix into that.

Looks like I won't be able to edit the movie I torrented...

(just kidding, its just a video of the earth)

Not for a little while, no :-(

Have you made that change to the upcoming system image yet? Don't forget to do it

Not yet, but don't worry -- it's noted in the list of things we need to do.

i'll sue ur ass if you don't do it

jk

im only 13 years old and my mom would never let me sue you

The new system image is ready to go -- if you would like us to switch your account over, send a request through feedback while you're logged in to your account.

Why is the moviepy still not working ?

It should work -- what problems are you having with it?