Forums

Name domain

how can I do to configure my domain name with pythonanywhere I bought domain names I have my applicationweb2py how can I do now ? I can not find the procedure

Does this help? https://www.pythonanywhere.com/wiki/OwnDomains

thank you very much it's work now how i can do if many names domains ?

You need to set up a web app entry for each domain. Maybe this helps? https://www.pythonanywhere.com/wiki/UsingANewDomainForExistingWebApp

not mistake I delete my application on the web tab menu but luckily my application is still online

not mistake I delete my application on the web tab menu but luckily my application is still online how can I reinstaler because I no longer have access to https://frederic.pythonanywhere.com/admin/default/index

i do this advice but i cant put different domains to web2py application. i have just one application work : Create a new web app with the domain you want to use; when it asks which framework you want to use, select "Manual configuration" Note down the name of the WSGI file that your new web app uses Find the WSGI file for the old web app that you want the new one to point at. Copy the contents of the old WSGI file to the new one. Reload the new web app. If any of that does wrong, just let us know and we'll take a look.

You seem to have two domains working on the same web app. Did you work out what you were doing wrong:?

I have multiple web2py apps I'd like to host there under the same web2py instance. But, anytime I to either URL, I get the web2py welcome app. i have 2 domains name like www.appl.fr and another www.aplli2.fr . the both are in pointing on username.pythonanywhere and i create route.py file like

routers = dict( # base router BASE=dict(domains = {"www.website1.com":"mustangs", "www.website2.com":"icysa", }))

please i need help quicly

ultimately save my time I want separates the different applications. I took a custom formula that can return a hacker formula for 6 applications it is possible ?

You don't have any web apps set up except for frederic.pythonanywhere.com. You need to set up a web app on each of the domains that you want to serve.

i add web apps then what i do now other things to point pythonanywhere server with my server i do redirection

You can use redirection if you want to, but it's better to use a CNAME as detailed here

my server dont accepted naked domain

my domain dont accepted naked domain

I have multiple web2py apps I'd like to host there under the same web2py instance. But, anytime I to either URL, I get the web2py welcome app. i have 2 domains name like www.appl.fr and another www.aplli2.fr . the both are in pointing on username.pythonanywhere and i create route.py file like

routers = dict( # base router BASE=dict(domains = {"www.website1.com":"mustangs", "www.website2.com":"icysa", }))

You need to create a web app on PythonAnywhere for each of your domains. If you want them to use the same code for all of them, set one up so that it's working correctly, then set the others up using "manual configuration" after they have been created, edit their wsgi files and copy the contents of the wsgi file from the first one. Then when you edit code, all of the web apps will see the change after you've restarted them.

the others wep applic i must do redirect from domain too

excuse me something I do not understand all the domains are redirected to username.python.anywhere.com how web2py can know which page appears. because all my applications on the same page that I have configured on username.python.anywhere.com

excuse my english

If you're using a redirect, by the time the request gets to PythonAnywhere, the original domain that was requested is no longer included in the request. So it will always go to username.pythonanywhere.com and your app will not be able to route based on the domain, because the domain will always be username.pythonanywhere.com.

and how I should do so knowing that my domain name does not accept naked domain

and how I should do so knowing that my domain name does not accept naked domain can you tell me quicly please because i have compagny i lost money each day my webapps werent online please

Your 2 requirements (naked domain, routing in web2py) are incompatible. Your best bet is probably to redirect the naked domain to www. and then have a web app on each of the www. domains. Then you can do the routing in web2py (with the www. prefix).

if I understand it would be better for me to take a formula like hacker for each application it will be easier and faster it is ?

it's good it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you very much for your aid and for your patience,

Excellent!