No real issue, just wanted to say thanks. 8 or 9 weeks ago I joined with very limited Python knowledge. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do and only the vaguest idea of how I wanted to go about it.
Late last night I slid the final block into place and now have a fully-functional, made-from-scratch chatbot that communicates with customers via SMS. It adapts to their input, collects callback input and customer feedback, confirms their email address, and sends me an email with a detailed log at the end of every conversation. It's also adaptable to nearly any response they offer.
And I couldn't have done it without you guys! The value you've provided me far exceeds the $5 membership I have here. Your hosted tutorials have been incredibly helpful, and you've been patient with my audacity in the face of things I clearly did not understand (which is not likely to slow down, btw).
Before joining pythonanywhere:
- I had only a basic understanding of Python itself from a single Udacity course.
- I'd never done a POST or GET request.
- I had no idea how Flask worked.
- I'd never successfully set up a virtualenv.
- I'd never hosted a website, let alone working code.
- JSON objects and dictionaries were a complete mystery.
- Despite a decade in working with Excel, I'd never used SQL or an actual database.
- I'd never passed arguments between files.
I really appreciate your help and everything you guys do here, and anyone reading who's on the fence about joining up should definitely take the plunge. To be fair I'm exceptionally motivated (I had a substantial sum on the line) and I DO have some experience building unnecessarily complex spreadsheets, but the resources are here!
That is all. More questions to follow later, sometime soon I'll need to figure out feeding CSV files into the database. :-)