Forums

Restore backup from yesterday

I would like to delete some recent changes to my code, but I need to know the exact time of yesterday backup. I would prefer something between the evening or late night of 2019-08-08 and the noon of 2019-08-09 (yesterday). Thank you.

You should use git

yeah

Ok, but I need it anyway, please.

The backup on the 9th was at 13:42:07 PM UTC; the previous one was August 8, 2019 at 10:53:28 AM UTC.

If either will contain the file you need, then let us know -- specifically, we'll need to know which one, and the location of the file in question. However, our backups are designed for disaster recovery, not point-in-time file restores, so it may take up to 24 hours to restore the file.

Thank you. I'll not request it anymore, unless it's an emergency.

The backup from August 8, 2019 at 10:53:28 AM UTC is fine.

1. actions.py
  2. bot.py
  3. game.py
  4. player.py

It would be preferable if you don't replace the actual ones, please. Just put them in my home directory.

OK -- I've put recovered versions of the files into a new directory in your home dir called recovered.

Thank you very much

No problem!

are you able to restore one of my backups? I'm looking for a file called "cook_groups_travel.py" and looking to recover the the most recent file from 2023-12-13 before 9PM pacific standard time. i made my changes accidently from around 10PM - 11PM PST.

Send us all the details with full path to the file to support@pythonanywhere.com and we will se what we can do.