Forums

Subpages after switching plan

Hi,

I had a free account with a web app and its subpages (dplyr.pythonanywhere/subpage1, dplyr.pythonanywhere/subpage2, etc.) working well. I switched to the paid account and set a custom domain (www.xxx.com). Now I can access the main page www.xxx.com but all subpages www.xxx.com/subpage1, www.xxx.com/subpage2, etc. return error, I get the 'Coming Soon!' Python Anywhere message.

What am I doing wrong? I set the CNAME configuration with GoDaddy, which worked fine to redirect my webapp to the main page, but should I do something else to redirect each subpage?

hi- is it because your subpages are still going to dplyr.pythonanywhere/subpage1 instead of www.xxx.com/subpage1?

I don't even have access to the main page dplyr.pythonanywhere anymore, even less dplyr.pythonanywhere/subpage1. Only www.xxx.com is working.

Should I do somehting different in my Flask script to point the subpages to www.xxx.com? I currently have something like this:

@app.route("/") def main(): return render_template("main.html")

@app.route("/subpage1") def subpg(): return render_template("subpage1.html")

And I tested that routing the main to subpage1 like

@app.route("/") def main(): return render_template("subpage1.html")

works correctly, I get subpage1 in www.xxx.com.

yes- you would not have access to dplyr.pythonanywhere.com after you have changed your webapp from dplyr.pythonanywhere.com to www.xxx.com

It seems like you probably have some templates that are linking to dplyr.pythonanywhere/subpage1 instead of just /subpage1