Forums

Problem creating new project, special characters in domain

Hi,

I am trying to set up a new Django project, and I have purchased a domain to use with it. This domain contains the norwegian characters ø and å.

Every time I start the create new web app wizard, I enter the domain name, select the newest version of Django, and click next. At this point it appears to be doing work for a while until I receive an error message stating "Sorry, there was an error connecting to the server. Please try again in a few moments..."

The folders and some of the initial django project files are created, but the web application does not show in the list of projects under the web tab.

Is this an error with the server currently, or could it be caused by the special characters in my domain name? If so, is it something you can fix?

Thanks, - Robin

Hi Robin,

The ø and å shouldn't be a problem. But we did have some intermittent outages recently, which might have caused the problem. Will you try again now and let us know if things work better?

I still seem to be getting the same problem.

A screenshot of the error message, if it helps: http://i.imgur.com/anOX8JS.png

OK, I can confirm I've found the error in our logs. Will dig into it...

OK, I see what the problem is. Will open a ticket to get that fixed. Hard to give an ETA on a fix I'm afraid.

It does look like it's django-specific, not sure if that helps, but flask should work...

Alright, thanks a lot.