Forums

sqlite3 databases permanently locked

I'm not sure what is going on but all my sqlite3 databases are locked. I have tried everything suggested for unlocking them but nothing works. I have no shells open or any running processes that could hold connections open to those databases. Fortunately they are not that important and can be recovered after about a days worth of work but I would like to know why exactly this happened. I'll leave those database files around so somebody can take a look at them.

I have downloaded one of the locked files to my windows box and I can open it and browse around with SQLite Manager add-on for firefox. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide for troubleshooting the issue.

I'm seeing the same thing. I'll investigate and get back to you.

My logs are popping up with a bunch of sqlite issues too. Just letting you know, not expecting my situation is unique at this point.

... and now it's not happening any more. I didn't change anything that could have affected it, but sqlite seems to work again. How is it for you guys? I'll start a "weird things to investigate" list on Monday and add this to that list.

My latest log entries coincide with it working again also.

"weird things to investigate" I love it!!

That's good to hear. Do you have a time window on when the problem started and stopped from your logs? That would be really helpful in the diagnosis.

My logs were showing problems until about 2012-06-23 12:05:15.

Thanks a lot. That will help immensely.

2012-06-23 11:29:20 -- Completed task, took 15.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 12:29:22 -- Completed task, took 16.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 13:29:09 -- Completed task, took 3.00 seconds, return code was 0.

2012-06-23 11:39:18 -- Completed task, took 14.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 12:39:20 -- Completed task, took 15.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 13:39:08 -- Completed task, took 3.00 seconds, return code was 0.

2012-06-23 10:57:20 -- Completed task, took 14.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 11:57:19 -- Completed task, took 14.00 seconds, return code was 1.

2012-06-23 12:57:08 -- Completed task, took 3.00 seconds, return code was 0.

Sorry that my start times are not the earliest problem times, but as discussed in another thread, we have no control over the length of the logs and they truncate our results. These entries I've posted are:

a) The earliest failure I have.
b) The latest failure logged.
c) The first success after failure logged.

I can also post other info on the failure exception stacks if if would be of any aid to your search.

No, thanks. I have some good traces from my experiments while it was broken. I just didn't know when it started or ended. Knowing when it stopped is a great help. Thanks.

Working on a Sunday...did you draw the short straw this week?

Heh. Yup. We take turns so you guys don't get met with a howling vacuum every weekend.

Hopefully you at least get to dial in and keep things vacuum free remotely...:)

Absolutely, I've been hanging around at home checking in occasionally.