Forums

Python 3.7

Please upgrade my system image to have Python 3.7.

Is it possible to remove all other Python versions, except Python 3.7?

no that is not possible. When you upgrade, keep in mind that any code that depended on old libraries may break (since the change may upgrade those python libraries), and that you will need to rebuild your virtualenvs. Please confirm if you are okay with this and we will make that change.

Yes, you can upgrade my system image.

Where can I make a suggestion?

Okay, we have changed your system image for you. You will also have to reload your webapp and use new consoles to see that change come into effect.

Ok, thanks.

Is there no way to change the system image yourself? Or is it only something available to paying users? I'd also like to upgrade my system image so I can use python 3.7, but can't figure out how.

It's something we have to do for you on the back-end systems. We're happy to switch you over -- just confirm that you've read the warning above.

Yes, I understand, please upgrade my system image.

Okay, we have done that for you. You will have to reload your webapps/restart your consoles for the changes to take effect.

Can I have my console upgraded to the 3.6.X (any 3.6, later preferred)? I understand the possibility of breaks if dependencies exist.

No problem. I have updated your account.

Thanks, it is still trying to run 3.5 when I hit run on a script. I closed all Bash consoles. Is it just taking time to propagate or do I need to do something to finalize the shift?

See this for how to specify your python version. I have also just set it so that your default python 3 and default console python version is python3.6.

Conrad would you be able to upgrade my system image please, i need to have sqltite above 3.8.2

Please confirm that you've read the warning above.

Conrad would you be able to upgrade my system image please, i need to have python 3.7.4

Can you please upgrade my system image to the latest version. I have read the warning at https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/14214/#id_post_57066.

Thanks!

@dlocke have updated, you will have to restart your consoles, webapps and tasks etc. @fuji and @mrduckrocks can you confirm that you have read the warning above?

Yes, I understand, please upgrade my system image.

ah- you are already on the latest system image

Hello, can you please upgrade my system image to python 3.6. I have read the warning. Thanks !

hi, you are already on the latest system image. If you are having trouble figuring out how to use different python versions from the file editor, see this

Thanks a lot !

Can you please upgrade my system image to the latest version. I have read the warning at https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/14214/#id_post_57066.

Thanks!

Sure, have switched you over to the latest version.

can update my image, I agree with all of the above

You're already at the most recent system image, so if you want to use Python 3.7, it is available. Either start a Python 3.7 console, or run python3.7 in a Bash console.

Hello. Can you please upgrade my system image to the latest version. I have read the warning

Thanks!

No problem. It's done for you.

Hi. Please, can you upgrade my system image. I confirm that I have read the warning https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/14214/#id_post_57066.

@balta It's done for you

Hi, please upgrade my system image, I need python 3.7 or higher, thanks.

You're already at the most recent system image, so if you want to use Python 3.7, it is available. Either start a Python 3.7 console, or run python3.7 in a Bash console.

Just a note to say that you no longer need to ask to have your system image changed -- you can change it yourself from the "Account" page. There's more information on this help page.