Forums

Weird behavior of CPU seconds

While running my program, it acquired about 260 CPU seconds, as i have a free account, i was on the tarpit. But, suddenly, it stopped addind CPU seconds and started to behave as if it is not on the tarpit. Any idea of what happened there?

And just a quick question, can you share CPU seconds with other users?

The tarpit resets every day at a specific time (for your account). The dashboard shows when your tarpit will reset.

You cannot share CPU seconds between accounts.

Thanks glenn. But the issue is that for some weird reason CPU seconds are not adding properly. My program was using about 400 - 500 seconds a day, and today it acquired about 4 seconds (and i think its beacuse i opened another console). And i just made one change to my program, i started using the threading python module but nothing more. Do you know if this module can glitch CPU seconds or something?

Thanks glenn. But the issue is that for some weird reason CPU seconds are not adding properly. My program was using about 400 - 500 seconds a day, and today it acquired about 4 seconds (and i think its beacuse i opened another console). And i just made one change to my program, i started using the threading python module but nothing more. Do you know if this module can glitch CPU seconds or something?

Threads shouldn't have any effect on the cpu counting. When you're in the tarpit your code runs more slowly, so it will use cpu more slowly.