Forums

Can't see my folders through "Files"

Hello, I can see all my files through console, but when I open the "Files" page on your site, I can see and edit only the ".local/" folder. Can you help me?

Console

Site

Me too, same issue. I hope everything is fine and not deleted.

The problem is gone.

Me too. But I refresh my page now and all files come back.

Sorry about that! Your files were all safe, but an error on our side made them invisible from our own web interface for a while. The problem has been fixed, and your files should be visible again. If you uploaded any new files in the period while the other ones weren't visible, they will have disappeared -- let us know if that is the case, and we can restore them.

Yes, same here.

Hello, sorry for necroposting but i cant see no flask_app.py neither firefox or chrome...

Where are you expecting the flask_app.py to be located?

I'm having the same issue now. I have been searching everywhere thinking that the problem was from Github. I updated my site on my local repo and pushed to the remote repo. On the virtualenv terminal on pythonanywhere, I pulled the latest update to the virtualenv repo. Immediately after that, I could not open my site (I was rather shown the now regular error page). I navigated to the errors page and realized that there was an import error. That's when I noticed that my problem was with missing files. This is not the first or fifth time something like this is happening. Please I need to test my site's performance on a real and working server. This issue is beyond frustrating. How can my files just disappear like that? We need this issue fixed. It's beyond frustrating. It took me close to an hour to realize that it wasn't git that has been my problem.

Just to confirm, are you pulling your virtualenv? Or your code?

You should not be pulling your virtualenv. A virtualenv is specific to an app on a particular machine and contains the libraries and packages your app depends on. For example, you might create a virtualenv for your webapp on your local machine and install a particular version of flask, django, or requests, etc into it, or you might then create a second virtualenv on your local machine for another project that you are working on.

It's not something you can copy from one machine to another, as different machines have different architectures (eg: windows vs linux, 64bit vs 32bit). Instead, you should make a list of all the libraries installed, save it as a requirements.txt, and after you create a fresh virtualenv on each machine you use, install the packages into it by referencing that requirements.txt.

The actual source code for your website -- the python and html files you write yourself, that are part of your site -- those you can copy from one machine to another, but they don't need to and should not be placed in the same folder as your virtualenv.

i cant see my files in files section

I think there was a brief glitch at around 2pm UTC where some people could not see their files in the "Files" section of the website, but it should all have been fixed very shortly after you posted your message. Can you see them now?

Facing the same issue now. Directory not visible in files but i can access the same from bash console.

I'm having the same issue - I can't see my files.

similar here. not able to see files on frontend

Hello Conrad/Giles,

I'm still experiencing issues with my files. While I can see them in the bash terminal, they're not appearing in the "Files" section. What steps would you suggest I take to address this? Your assistance is appreciated.

i have same issues i can't even make my website to work after i deleted it and tried to run it again

Meus arquivos sumiu tudo , me ajudem

Same thing. Hopefully, it will be back soon...

This just happen to me as well. i was very confuse when my web is perfectly functional lol

Good thing Bash still see the files and i was able to commit the files to github in time.

Since I see the files in the bash console, I am accessing to my files by adding it in my git and then downloading it from the github website - hope this helps for those who need an urgent access!

We had a problem with one of our servers that should be solved now. Sorry for that. Let us know if problems persist for any of you.

I have also same issues i can't see my files in FILES tap. if you know any solution plzz tell. I Hope it will be back

What are you seeing in the Files tab?

<a>screenshot

Not sure that's worked properly