Forums

Pasting not working.

There have been lots of technical issues lately for me.

I like doing lots of copy and pasting with code into pythonanywhere. One application I am using to backup code requires me to copy and paste a authorization token. When I copy the token and then press control-v nothing changes. I've tried copying something random(like the url bar) and pasting it and it doesn't paste. I think pasting just temporarily stopped working because on some other browsers it seems fine.

I'm using a bash console and the reason I'm using posting is because the send feedback option says could not connect with server

That sounds very strange. Which operating system and browser are you using?

Windows 10 and Chrome. Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been able to get onto the forums for a bit. Also the issue seems to fixed when I use another computer

Actually I used my teacher account which is the account above

Windows 10 and Chrome should work fine. The fact that the problem goes away when you move to a different computer makes me wonder if you have some kind of browser extensions installed in Chrome on the computer where it doesn't work -- some of them can interfere with JavaScript code like the stuff we use to implement the consoles.

I use the same google account to sync extensions. Most of the extensions sync their data via the browser api.

That does not mean it's not the extensions. Try disabling extensions in the browser that is having the issue and see if that helps.

paste is not responding in bash

How are you trying to paste? What browser and OS are you using?

I have the same problem. Right now, I'm trying to enter the GitHub API code and for some reason, I can't paste or even enter the API code. As mentioned above, I have disabled all extensions. (Chrome)

How are you trying to paste? What browser and OS are you using?

mouse right click does not work but crtl+v works for me!

Great!

My failure to paste code happens when I’m in the editor trying to paste into a .py file. I am using the DuckDuckGo browser on an iPhone 10 with iOS 16. I do a long touch and then release which in normal contexts (including the text box in which I’m typing this reply) triggers the context menu from which it is possible to paste, but the context menu doesn’t show up.

Edit: I also tried it on Chrome for iOS and it didn’t work.

There is no easy fix for iOS problems, unfortunately.