Forums

Internet speed for plans?

Hello I couldn't find any info on the download/upload speed of the plans, and if there are any differences between the plans.

For now we're only testing using the free version, but our API consists mostly of creating very large excel files with embedded images, so most of the "processing" time is downloading the images, that's why I would like to know if there is any way we can improve the speed in this aspect.

And yes the images are gathered from a whitelisted website.

On the topic, is there a way to optimize the downloading of these images? Some excel files can get to 500mb so downloading and then uploading them is really slow

Free accounts access external sites through a proxy -- that's how the whitelist is implemented -- so that might slow things down.

Paid accounts all have direct Internet access, and there's no real speed restriction (beyond what the underlying hardware supports, and of course the amount of traffic from other people using the same underlying hardware) -- which will normally make them significantly faster. I just ran a test from my own account, and got about 18MiB/s, though of course that's not guaranteed -- just indicative of what you might expect in a paid account.