Forums

Unable to edit a file (it maybe the reason for my datatables not working )

So suddenly my datatables are not working, then I tried checking all my js files and noticed one file (main file) isn't editable. I've noticed the other js files are editable so its not the file extension.

Could it be the file size? coz its 2.4mb, but how come it was working before? and if it is the file size, how do I solve this? You can check on my account if you need to.

I did the following based on other suggestions with no luck: 1. Cleared my browsing cache 2. Reuploaded the file

When you say that the file is not editable, do you mean that it's not showing up as an editable file in the "Files" page? That would indeed be due to the size; browsers tend to crash when they load files larger than about a megabyte into our editor, so we don't provide a link to do that.

So the problem with your databases is probably something different. When you say it's not working, what behaviour are you seeing and how does it differ from what you expect?

Its working already, you are right its not the cause, found the problem. I guess I just needed some coffee. But hey, I learned something new. So to be clear, we are unable to edit big files but they are still being used right? For example my .js file when I reference it on my template it still works right?

Thanks!!!

yes, if you are serving it as a static file etc, then it will still be served. you can also download it from the file page, but won't be able to edit it in the file editor as it would possibly crash it.

(but if say you have some file that takes >5min to load, then the connection may timeout)