Forums

Issues with run button on ipad

The run button on iPad does not work. The button changes to a darker color but does not run the code. This only happens inside of a file. The open bash console button also does not work. I can create normal python consoles on the console page, just not in a file. The save button works fine.

Edit: Run button works fine on android phone.

Which kind of iPad do you have? It works on the ones we've tested, but it might be that we need to get a new one for full testing.

I have a Apple iPad Air with the latest version of iOS (12.1.1). Model number "MD786LL/B" And/or "A1474"

Thanks! That's definitely more up-to-date than ours. We'll have to get one.

Your welcome!

Your welcome!

I’m having the same issue on iPad 6th gen running iOS 12.2. I can’t run any python files.

Thanks for reporting, we will try to repro.

Can you try to "Request Mobile Site" from your browser and see if that makes a difference?

I also cannot run a file using an iPad Pro with version 12.4.1.

Tempted to buy a Surface Go.

Can you give us more details on what the problem is? (eg: when you click x, y doesn't happen, or z doesn't show up)

I also have this issue on iOS 12.4.1. There is a run button, but is does nothing.

You asked for more details. First, I load one of my files on my 9.7 inch iPad Pro with version 12.4.1 iOS and bring it up in the editor . Then I press the run button. The screen does not change . The console does not show. There is no message.

Also, if I press the bash button at the bottom of the screen I get the same result. Nothing.

If I press the run this file button at the bottom of the screen I also get nothing.

Hope that helps with the diagnosis..

what bash button are you talking about?

I am having the same problem on iPad Pro 2018 with apple keycover keyboard and latest IOS

Sorry for the silence from our side on this issue!

Do consoles appear if you try to start them from the "Consoles" page? Knowing that might help us debug what's happening from the editor.

Yes. The consoles page works fine on ipad

@dull -- thanks, it sounds like we definitely need to get a new iPad to test stuff on.

You could probably get like a hundred iPad pros from the money you make on paid account lol

We could get a few, it's true! But we also need to pay for servers and unimportant things like food and our homes, so there is an element of balance that we need to strike there...

and unimportant things like food and our homes

Um, those actually are very important.

I got the same problem as described above. In Condoleezza mode everything works fine. But I can’t rum files. Wien I push the buttons mentioned earlier (run, batch) notering happens. I have an iPad Pro 10,5” which runs iOS 14.2.

Ok. Thanks for the report.