Forums

Jupyter notebook does not save files

My Jupyter notebook will just not save my files. I keep hitting the save button and nothing happens. Any idea why this could be the case?

Every random x minutes it will eventually save, but I want to test things quickly.

enter image description here

enter image description here

What do you expect to happen after hitting save that isn't happening?

Also what do you mean by wanting to test things quickly? (ie. you should just be able to enter code into individual cells and run single cells etc.

Thanks for your reply, conrad. When I hit save, nothing happened. I expected it to change from "Last Checkpoint: 27 mins ago" to "Last Checkpoint: a few seconds ago", but that didn't happen. I tested again this morning and it worked fine: Whenever I made changes to the notebook and hit save, it saved them right away, changing to "Last Checkpoint: a few seconds ago".

I wanted to test things quickly in the sense that I was parameterising a notebook using papermill from nteract. And it wouldn't show my latest changes to the notebook without saving.

Seems to be fixed today. I don't know why. So possibly this issue is closed.

Oh interesting! Next time that happens I would recommend trying to sign out and sign in again (maybe the session cookies were invalid etc)

Ok, I will test that next time and report. Thank you.