Forums

I can't reach my site with mobile.

Hi, My domain is www.reviewsnail.com. I have tried to build a web app here with a test site I had with static files in django. It works perfectly on any desktop but I can't reach it with any phones, even in chrome desktop mode. I have tried this on multiple devices already. I am seriously puzzled.

I just tried it on my mobile and it works fine. Make sure you are typing in the right address.

It looks OK from here too. Did you set up the CNAME sometime quite recently? It can take up to 24 hours for DNS changes to propagate across all of the Internet, so it's possible that your desktop ISP has picked up the change, but your mobile company hasn't yet.

Giles response sounds about right, change your dns settings on your phone. This should fix the problem until it fully propagates.

Giles response sounds about right, change your dns settings on your phone. This should fix the problem until it fully propagates.

It's been 10 days and I still cant reach the static files I set here. can you guys upload a screenshot of you entering the site? And I discovered I can only reach the site with my desktop. Different desktops can't reach it either.

Sure, here you go: image

It's so weird. I or any of my friends can't reach the site. here is the ss of it:screenshot

This sounds like something on GoDaddys side, I would contact there technical support, they are great.

Here is there 24/7 support line, give them a ring: 020 7084 1810

Ah, I think I can see the problem -- on your mobile you're doing to http://reviewsnail.com, not to http://www.reviewsnail.com.

What I think you need to do is set things up so that when someone visits the site without the www. at the start, they get redirected to www.reviewsnail.com. GoDaddy call this "domain forwarding", and here's a link to the part of their documentation where they explain how to set that up.

ahh thanks that's it. Thanks everyone.

Glad we could help!

my site is working properly in pc but in mobile its not working properly.

What problem does it have on mobile? Is it appearing, but not getting correctly formatted? Or is it not showing up at all?

Its not getting correctly formatted.

That means that you have to correct your code, to make it responsive.

What do you need to do if the site does not show up at all and it shows the Coming Soon page

Make sure that the address that you're accessing matches the address that is shown at the top of the web app configuration page.