Forums

deleted files

I deleted important files by accident. Is there a way to restore them?

We do daily backups, but they are designed for disaster recovery rather than restoring files from a point in time. We may be able to recover something them, but it could take up to 24 hours -- let us know via the "Send feedback" link where the files were, and when you deleted them.

I deleted the file at around 8:30p.m yesterday November 6. This the most important file that I need restored. https://www.pythonanywhere.com/user/ul18208584/files/home/ul18208584/groupproject/Group_project. Will this help restore it faster.

We'll see what we can do. It looks like we have a backup from November 6, 2018 at 2:04:01 PM UTC -- that should contain the file, right?

Yes it should thanks

OK -- that's been restored now.

Thank you so much. :)

I deleted h08_01.py around midnight by accident out of hw directory. If you could restore I would be greatly appreciative.

We do not have a policy of restoring files for users. However, if you confirm the full path of the file was deleted, we can check our archives and try to restore it for you within 24 hrs.

Hi

I have overwritten a file with the same name trying to setup a new flask app. could you restore the file for me? I overwrote the file just a few minutes before 9:25AM eastern time. The file name is app.py located in a folder called lifeisshort.

Thanks

Hi there, we have added a file "app.py.bak" to your folder. See if that works. We do not have a policy of restoring files for users in general though.

Hi sir,

You are are such a life saver, thank you so much =)

How should I backup my files so this doesnt happen again? Would i be able to use crontab to schedule a backup script to run everyday to do it?

thanks again

You can use a scheduled task to copy your files to a different directory on PythonAnywhere. You could also download them to your own machine.

I tried the scheduled task and works perfectly, thank you staffs@pythonanywhere!

glad to hear that!

Hi

I have overwritten a file with the same name trying to setup a newapp. could you restore the file for me?

Thanks

We do daily backups, but they are designed for disaster recovery rather than restoring files from a point in time. We may be able to recover something them, but it could take up to 24 hours -- let us know via the "Send feedback" link where the files were, and when you deleted them.

Hey, I deleted a file on the 4 of February at around 11:40am. The file is called friend'shouse.py and the link is https://www.pythonanywhere.com/user/sparlane/shares/dba35338a8364aba8ed1d91fe7ae49e9/ Are you able to help me get it back?

How long was the file in the correct state? Maybe email us at support@pythonanywhere.com with the details.

hi i have by mistake delete templates folder of my website can you please restor it was under /home/nv456/flask_project/

Hi @nv456 -- when you deleted the files? (BTW the best way to handle such cases is to contact us via email, either using "Send feedback" form or by writing to support@pythonanywhere.com)

I deleted important file by mistake from wrong dir. Is there a way to restore it? name: ".env" Time arnd 13:25-13:35 UTC on 23/Dec

@NikolayKotik please send a file recovery request at support@pythonanywhere.com.

Ok. Thanks

hi complete file struture id not visible their all files are deleted can we restore it all database is gone

I see you started a new thread about this, so I'll answer there.

sure Thanks Giles, please try to do as soon as possible it will be very helpfull for us

Hi Gilas ,Please let us know further status what we need to do still not resolved.

It's done.

I accidentally deleted some files from a folder due to mishandling of a Git command, and now I'm stuck.

I have only one day to recover them, or I'll be fired.

I see you posted about this in another forum thread, so I've posted there.

I hope get help this morning

Not here, but over email.

I sent emails yesterday and this morning.