Forums

Not possible to get a paid plan...

Is there no way to pay with no credit/debit card? Or is there anyway you could get something like Sofort Banking which would also let you verify us.

I neither have nor want a credit card and they don't have debit cards in that sense here in Austria.

I would love to sign up for a paid plan but it isn't possible.

I believe that you can link PayPal to a bank account without a credit/debit card. You can also pay by bitcoin if you pay for a year up front (and we give you 2 months free).

Oh, I know you can do that but you can't link your paypal account to pythonanywhere without a credit or debit card being attached. And I definitely don't have any bitcoin =)

We can also accept bank transfers if you do the year-up-front thing -- we're in the UK, so that might be an option depending on what your bank charges for intra-EU transfers.

I didn't see that =) Cheers.

Sorry, where can I find how to do that? Only Paypal and credit card show up on the upgrade page

Ah, we don't promote it -- it's a manual process on our side and we like to avoid the work if we can ;-)

I'll send you an email with the transfer details.

Lol thank you and I completely understand =D

Just out of curiosity, would something like sofort banking not be an option then? I noticed that some non german/austrian countries have started using it.

It's certainly something we could consider. But integrating a new payment processor is quite a lot of work -- credit card payments via Stripe took about 4 person-months -- so it might be a while before we look into it.

That is a lot of work...

Thanks again for all the help!