Forums

Hosted Website different to Website on local Machine

Hi there. I've been absolutely loving Python Anywhere so far, and managed to host my first web app, no issues. However, with my latest, some of the code isn't acting as I believe it should. It is all running perfectly on my local machine. I uploaded all my files to my custom domain, and the hosting aspect of it is all working fine, there are just some issues with styling. Notably my navbar, 2 forms and the text of my body. These are using bootstrap classes (col-x and form specific classes mainly), so I'm wondering if the issue may be there?

Additionally, I have tried adding flask_sslify to my site, and it causes it to crash. I merely added the lines: "from flask_sslify import SSLify sslify = SSLify(app)"

Thanks in advance!

For flask_sslify, I think you just need to install it. If you're using Python 3.6 for your website, just run

pip3.6 install --user flask-sslify

...in a bash console and that should fix that problem.

Regarding the styling issues, could you give us an example of a URL that shows the problem?

Ah lovely, I was forgetting the '.6' when I was trying to install modules. Sorry about that. All working now. Thanks for your help!