Forums

User ... has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 3)

Everything was working fine but now I am getting this error:

Server Error (500)

The error log says:

2018-06-21 08:54:54,517: Not Found: /

2018-06-21 08:55:06,669: Internal Server Error: ... "User 'ichingdb' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 3)")

I recently ran some SQL scripts that altered tables, but it was whilst editing a template that the problem occured.

I'm not sure what else has changed and how to fix it. BTW the reload button has failed a couple of times as well during this process.

I've shut down all DB consoles and tried waiting, for almost an hour but the problem persists.

Thanks for any help...

ohhh shit, i have same problem today what is this??!!

Something is up. I have been wrestling with weird issues - thought it was my code - changed from mysql to sqlite db to test and no problem.

I have the same issue ?? Can any one suggest a solution??

I have the same issue ?? Can any one suggest a solution??

my database page is not working

[edit by admin: moved to appropriate thread]

I just checked again and my website is back up...

I was having the same issue around half an hour ago. However, it seems to have resolved itself for me. Has this also been resolved for others?

Think it's fixed now.

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the slow response here on the forums -- we were communicating with people who saw this error over Twitter and email, but it looks like we dropped the ball on replying here.

One of our MySQL servers had a problem this morning. It looks like the early symptoms were that it was incorrectly reporting that people were using too many connections (or perhaps it was failing to automatically close old connections, which would lead to the same results). Our monitoring systems picked up the issue, and we sorted it out at around 10:30 UTC.

same problem...

We're not having any server problems at the moment; if you're getting this error, it's probably because you're making connections to the database and not closing them.