Forums

CloudFlare + PythonAnywhere

Hello, sorry for my English,

I am trying to setup CloudFlare DNS for my project. But I always receive the following error:

Here is my DNS settings:

Can you help me? What should I do to setup it in a correct way? (to get non-www -> www redirect)

Okay, I have figured out it, the topic can be closed.

How did you solve it? My site is working with www, but does not work without it. I made redirect on cloudflare, but redirect does not work.

UPD: SOLVED

Solution: I`ve use http://wwwizer.com/naked-domain-redirect to make a redirect from none www to www.

I understand you have to set non-Proxied CNAME (DNS Only). Pythonanywhere doesn't accept proxied HTTP. I

wish it would be possible at least to share static content via Cloudflare.

It is possible to setup Cloudflare in front of PythonAnywhere. Just setup a PythonAnywhere site normally, and from cloudflare, set it up so that the www cname points the the value that we give you (something like webapp-123456.pythonanywhere.com)

You will get a warning on your PythonAnywhere web tab that the dns is not pointing to PythonAnywhere, but you can safely ignore that warning.

My bad! I was mapping from a different name (not the one assigned to the app). Thank you!

To summarize/reiterate:

1. assign your domain to the app, eg, www.mydomain.net;

2. go to Cloudflare and create CNAME entry www that points to your webapp-NNNNN.pythonanywhere.com; You can use either "Proxied" or "DNS Only";

3. Everything should work now smoothly.

Excellent, thanks for posting the details! Hopefully that will help anyone else with the same problems.

Hi, I have just set up my domain on Cloudflare, I have followed the above process (i.e added www cname to cloudflare , but my site does not seem to load from cloudflare although it is showing up).

Now, your question might be how do I know that ? Right, In cloud clare I have added 2 plugins (chat and share ) plugin, but these plugins are not reflecting on my site.

Please help

It has been resolved now.

OK, glad you sorted it out!