Forums

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'dashing'

Hi all,

Please would appreciate any suggestion or help in solving this problem. I have a module that I did not use on this project; however, I am getting an error and can't publish my project on this platform. Please advise on how to go about removing this module (uninstall the module "dashing") to enable publish my project.

Please review and advise - Highly appreciate - Thanks in advance!

Traceback (most recent call last): File "manage.py", line 15, in <module> execute_from_command_line(sys.argv) File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py", line 371, in execute_from_command_line utility.execute() File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py", line 347, in execute django.setup() File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/init.py", line 24, in setup apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS) File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 89, in populate app_config = AppConfig.create(entry) File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 90, in create module = import_module(entry) File "/home/stan30000/.virtualenvs/env/lib/python3.6/importlib/init.py", line 126, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 978, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 961, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 948, in _find_and_load_unlocked ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'dashing'

That exception is being raised when Django is configuring itself, so one of the apps the you've told Django to load is trying to load the module. Find out which one it is and stop using it.

Hi Glenn, Thanks for the response. Prior to running collectstatic in pythonanywhere, "dashing" was added under setting > APP and it has been removed, but am still getting "ModuleNotFound error.

Do you know how I could stop using the app that load this module?

Regards, Stan3000

Remove it from INSTALLED_APPS in your settings.

"Dashing" removed from INSTALLED_APP in setting, still not working -please advise.

What error are you getting now? The most recent error will be at the bottom of the error log.