Forums

CKeditor problems

Hi there, I'm trying to get ckeditor to work with a django-machina forum. It works fine on my local host but I ran into a bunch of problems when deploying here.

First, it the collectstatic command didn't work for some reason with ckedit's static files. I was able to fix that manually by uploading the needed files to my static directory (this command works with all my other apps so I'm pretty sure it's something I did with ckeditor).

Manually uploading cleared that error but now I'm having issues when I go to the forum. It is still looking in the wrong place for the static files. '

First errors (fixed by manual upload):

2018-03-15 21:12:27,346: Not Found: /static/ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor.js 2018-03-15 21:20:46,038: Not Found: /static/ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

New error: 2018-03-15 21:24:02,299: Not Found: /forum/forum/earnings-trades-3/topic/create/home/appertjt/ascentoptions/ascentoptions/static/assets/config.js

I can't figure out why it is looking there for the static files.

Thanks, John

It looks like the url that is not found is a combination of a url path and a file path. My guess is that somewhere in your settings, you've confused a url path setting with a file path setting. Review your settings and make sure that the ones that require a url path have a url path and not a file path.