Forums

Web app runs fine locally, but I get certain messages live

I am POSTing to a database from web app (just saving info from a form). It works fine when developing locally, but is not saving when using live pythonanywhere site. I periodically get an email saying I've exceeded my 3GB RAM limit, but this surprises me as I am just saving a few fields to a few tables (I use Django). I have checked the logs, but am having trouble understanding them. I see things like this

uwsgi_response_writev_headers_and_body_do(): Broken pipe [core/writer.c line 296] during POST

and this

DAMN ! worker 1 (pid: 2) died, killed by signal 9

and this

2018-03-04 10:59:37,821: IOError: write error 2018-03-04 10:59:37,821: Error running WSGI application 2018-03-04 10:59:37,836: GeneratorExit

all of which concerns me.

The second (and I think the first) of those errors are likely coming when you hit the 3GiB memory limit. The third is perhaps a red herring -- you'll get that message when a client (eg. a browser looking at your site) closes the connection while the website is sending data back, which happens from time to time on every site.

What are the contents of the fields you're trying to save to the database?

Thank you. Here is a screenshot from the user that experienced the problem (with inputs included) Screenshot

Looks like that screenshot didn't work, could you repost?

I believe this issue has been resolved. A new one has creeped up, though (perhaps related?). My process is exceeding the 3GB RAM limit. I read the only way around this costs $150 a month (unless I can divide my process up into several smaller ones, which I am not sure I can). Any other options I am not aware of?

No, those are the options.

First, I am really grateful for such quick responses. Do you know how much RAM the $150 option would provide and how do I go about making this purchase?

That would have 7.5G RAM and 32G swap. Send us an email to start the process.