Forums

Problem with CNAME on Godaddy

I've done all the configuration of the CNAME of my site, but when I enter it only this appears: enter image description here

My settings are these: enter image description here

You have the A record set in some way. That may be what's actually responding. You have a TTL on your CNAME of 38400 seconds (that's around 10 hours) so any change you make to that will take about 10 hours to be visible.

I set up the settings, now they are like this, I'll see what it will give: I

You still are not displaying my site, what do I do?

You can check if your cname is setup correctly here:

http://mxtoolbox.com/CNAMELookup.aspx

If correct, you should see the following record:

Type: CNAME
 Domain Name: www.your-domain.com
 Cannonical Name: webapp-0000.pythonanywhere.com

Note the www on the domain name.

When I checked just now, the changes you made on GoDaddy have not trickled through to the internet yet. This is probably because you had a 10hr+ TTL set as Glenn mentioned.

The time has passed and the error continues. I left my domain with the public data to see if the problem was this or not. But it's still the same. I have another app that in less than 3 hours I configured the worked everything right, only the one that I am not getting do not know why.

I concur that the site www.progpremium.com is not configured properly.

Doing the lookup I detailed above shows that nobody on the internet knows about your changes yet.

Are you sure you are making the changes on the correct domain? Otherwise you will have to talk to GoDaddy and ask.

Settings have been changed, but I have not uploaded an image here. I got in touch with goDaddy, they did test in the domain and they informed me that the site is well pointed, so the problem is here at PythonAnyWhere. My application has the same configuration as another one I already have and is working, can you let me know what is happening?

Just to confirm -- this is for the website in the URL bar in your first message on this thread, right? www.progpremium.com?

If so, I don't know why GoDaddy are saying it's all set up. According to What's my DNS, there's no CNAME -- instead, there are a number of A records (see this page), all of which are pointing to servers owned by GoDaddy themselves. Similarly, when I use the standard Linux dig command to find out where the server should be hosted, it returns a GoDaddy IP address:

$ dig www.progpremium.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.15-Ubuntu <<>> www.progpremium.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 34919
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.progpremium.com.       IN  A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.progpremium.com.    570 IN  A   50.63.202.44

;; Query time: 35 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.1.1#53(127.0.1.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Feb 21 19:23:52 GMT 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 64

$ dig @NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM www.progpremium.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.15-Ubuntu <<>> @NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM www.progpremium.com
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 21819
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.progpremium.com.       IN  A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.progpremium.com.    600 IN  A   50.63.202.40

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
www.progpremium.com.    3600    IN  NS  ns69.domaincontrol.com.
www.progpremium.com.    3600    IN  NS  ns70.domaincontrol.com.

;; Query time: 39 msec
;; SERVER: 216.69.185.45#53(216.69.185.45)
;; WHEN: Wed Feb 21 19:27:49 GMT 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 116

If you provide GoDaddy with the output of those two commands (I guess you can just copy/paste from the above) then they should be able to tell you what the problem is.

I have the same problem my website is working on www.domain.com but without "www" it is not working.

See this

hello there ,

i am also having domain in godaddy,

type:CNAME
name:www
value:qkarthi.pythonanywhere.com
ttl:600 seconds

when i tried www.mywebsite.com , i am landing in python anywhere site showing

Coming Soon! This is going to be another great website hosted by PythonAnywhere.

PythonAnywhere lets you host, run, and code Python in the cloud. Our free plan gives you access to machines with everything already set up for you. You can develop and host your website or any other code directly from your browser without having to install software or

but it does not showing my page !

manage your own server.

Running a website on a custom domain is a paid feature -- with your free account, your site will only show up at qkarthi.pythonanywhere.com. You could potentially set up things with GoDaddy so that your domain forwards to that domain, but that will mean that if someone types in www.yourdomain.com, the URL in the address bar of the browser will change to qkarthi.pythonanywhere.com before it shows your site.

Hi,

Facing the same issue. I was trying to connect my custom domain from godaddy www.gradientsgenerator.com by following the below guide. https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/CustomDomains .

I have waited a long time but when I go to the domain ' www.gradientsgenerator.com ' this http://iamsanjeev.pythonanywhere.com/ is being displayed.Shows as coming soon.

Also i have verified the CNAME at https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=cname%3agradientsgenerator.com&run=toolpage

mxtoolbox Godaddy CNAME

www.gradientsgenerator.com appears to be working. Perhaps you just needed to wait for the change to fully propagate.

Hello,

It's been 3 days and it still displays as coming soon. Does it usually takes this long?

Looks like your web app works, but you have Force HTTPS enabled and no cert set. You can fix it by setting "Auto-renewed Let's Encrypt certificate" in the Security section of the "Web" configuration page on PythonAnywhere.

Hi,

I have changed the setting.It's working. Thanks for the help.

Great!