Forums

Package error FakeUserAgentError: Maximum amount of retries reached

Hi,

i've tested a script on python2.7 but i receive this error.. The script use IG API.

I don'tknow why..

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/codelmgweb/instabot.py/example.py", line 52, in <module> unfollow_whitelist=['example_user_1', 'example_user_2']) File "/home/codelmgweb/instabot.py/src/instabot.py", line 162, in init fake_ua = UserAgent(verify_ssl = False) File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/fake.py", line 69, in init self.load() File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/fake.py", line 78, in load verify_ssl=self.verify_ssl, File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 250, in load_cached update(path, use_cache_server=use_cache_server, verify_ssl=verify_ssl) File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 245, in update write(path, load(use_cache_server=use_cache_server, verify_ssl=verify_ssl)) File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 189, in load verify_ssl=verify_ssl, File "/home/codelmgweb/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 84, in get raise FakeUserAgentError('Maximum amount of retries reached') fake_useragent.errors.FakeUserAgentError: Maximum amount of retries reached

Where is the problem?

does the same code run on your local machine?

maybe IG just blocked instabot scripts?

As a free user, if your script is not accessing an endpoint on our whitelist, then you also won't be able to access it (we would block it). if you know what the endpoint is, and it is a public endpoint, show us the documentation and we can add it to the whtielsit.

This is github https://github.com/instabot-py/instabot.py

i have same problem.. any update for this problem?

As @conrad said, provide a link to the API docs that indicates the endpoint that is being used and we'll consider whitelisting the site.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "example.py", line 52, in <module>
unfollow_whitelist=['example_user_1', 'example_user_2'])
File "/home/suyashgupta92/src/instabot.py", line 162, in init
fake_ua = UserAgent(verify_ssl=False)
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/fake.py", line 69, in init
self.load()
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/fake.py", line 78, in load
verify_ssl=self.verify_ssl,
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 250, in load_cached
update(path, use_cache_server=use_cache_server, verify_ssl=verify_ssl)
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 245, in update
write(path, load(use_cache_server=use_cache_server, verify_ssl=verify_ssl))
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 189, in load
verify_ssl=verify_ssl,
File "/home/suyashgupta92/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fake_useragent/utils.py", line 84, in get
raise FakeUserAgentError('Maximum amount of retries reached')
fake_useragent.errors.FakeUserAgentError: Maximum amount of retries reached

Same error coming for me API lnk: https://github.com/instabot-py/instabot.py

instagram is already on the whitelist, so I'm guessing that instabot does not recognise the proxy settings. I would recommend checking their docs to see how to configure it to use a proxy and if you can't find it perhaps you can speak to the developers of the library.

Hello ?m having the same issue! Can you tell me where I can find the proxy settings? to try to configure instabot Thanks

Here you go: http://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/403ForbiddenError/