Forums

collectstatic fails with no module named django_extensions

I have rudimentary understanding of static files and have worked to get custom "static-assets" and default "static" working as expected on my local machine.

I have .gitignore filtering out static and assumed I would need to run collectstatic on PA account (note: the static-assets is checked into BitBucket and comes over with git pull)

When I run collectstatic in my PA bash I get the following error:

ImportError: No module named django_extensions

I believe the root issue is that if I run pip install -r requirements.txt it blows up with:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs mkdir(name, mode) OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/shutil_backports'

I commented out appnope in requirments (I guess it was there when I froze on MacOS . . . I go back and forth between Mac and PC) . . I don't know all the packages that are in there so I will put my requirements.txt below:

``` backports.shutil-get-terminal-size==1.0.0

beautifulsoup4==4.3.2

cssutils==1.0

decorator==4.1.2

Django==1.11.2

django-extensions==1.8.1

django-shell-plus==1.1.7

djenga==0.4.6

enum34==1.1.6

ipython==5.4.1

ipython-genutils==0.2.0

Jinja2==2.9.6

lxml==4.0.0

MarkupSafe==1.0

mysqlclient==1.3.10

pathlib2==2.3.0

pexpect==4.2.1

pickleshare==0.7.4

prompt-toolkit==1.0.15

ptyprocess==0.5.2

pycrypto==2.6.1

Pygments==2.2.0

python-dateutil==2.6.1

pytz==2017.2

PyYAML==3.12

scandir==1.5

simplegeneric==0.8.1

six==1.10.0

traitlets==4.3.2

wcwidth==0.1.7 ```

hmm . . . ok . . . i see the update to the graphic i made that i expected collectstatic to collect and make live on site. so, this isn't a showstopper issue but any insight into what's going on or how i am likely doing things wrong appreciated. virtual cookies for sure :-p

See the following page about installing modules on PythonAnywhere: http://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/InstallingNewModules/

thanks glenn. maybe i forget to recreate virtualenv on the server. i definitely filter out the virtualenv bits via gitignore. this is the right direction. thanks much! pythonanywhere is super nifty.